I don’t feel like I’m completely ‘back’ after a busy couple weeks, but I decided I’d better write out a few of the things I’ve done right to get some momentum building again and work my way back fully into the frugal swing of things.
Last weekend I picked peppers and tomatoes out of our garden to bring to the adoptive momma retreat. I’d been tempted to just grab ‘perfect’ veggies on a trip to the store, but a walk out to the garden scored me lots of produce that was almost as pretty as store-bought anyway.
- Thanks to lots of leftover goodies from my retreat weekend, we haven’t had to buy much for groceries this week. I’ve even pulled together the energy to cook a few times!
- I decided to only choose one item from my Stitch Fix box, despite being greatly tempted otherwise.
- We used coupons when bringing our youngest girls to meet the babies and our oldest daughters at the corn maze this week. We also combined a couple of errands with that trip to save on gas.
- I signed up to donate plasma after a friend recommended it. We’ll see how that goes. Apparently you can make about $45 for an hour of sitting around, and benefit someone else in the process. (Update: after reading more about risks, I’m feeling on the fence about this, and am going to think a bit longer before trying it.
- I had the kids pick more raspberries even though we are all kinda tired of picking. Ditto for more apples and tomatoes. It is SO hard this time of year to get out there– I’m actually very eager for the garden to be done– but I feel good when we use what we have been so bountifully given.
How have you done in the frugality department this week?