I adapted this recipe from an excellent cookbook called Salads for Every Season by Myra Goodman. The recipe makes a little more than a cup, and takes only 5 minutes to whip together. With recipes this easy and good, why not try making your own dressing?
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, chopped (¾ cup)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- Chop tomatoes into quarters. Peel garlic.
- Place the tomatoes, vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender, and puree until smooth.
- With the machine running, add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream. Puree for another minute or so.
- Chill and enjoy over your favorite salad!